Thursday, December 29, 2005

Season of Giving

Well, there is still no news from the agency about the orientation date. I'm going to give them a week and then I will probably call about it.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful time with both of our families though we wish our visits with them could have been longer. We have such a wonderful family. Each one of them is so loving and supportive of our adoption. All of them contributed in one way or another to our adoption during the holiday season. We got some nice gifts - a traveling system (car seat + stroller), some newborn diapers, a diaper bag and some clothes, and we also were givin a generous amount of money to add to our adoption fund. Some of our family members sacrificed their own gifts so that they could help out. We love them all so much and we are very thankful for all everyone has done to support us and help us during this time.

In 2006 we will be adding many babies to our family and we are excited - hopefully one (or two) of those will be ours! The first one is set to arrive on my birthday (oh and Julie's birthday too) - Jan. 11 - the gender is a surprise but I will let you know when my new little niece or nephew arrives! Who knew Jan. 11 was such a popular date - James P. Boyce - the founder of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary was also born on Jan. 11 - the library I work in is named after him.

Hopefully I will have some more adoption news soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually....January 11 has always been one of my very favorite days of the year. I had a kind of rough one back in 1980, but it had a really happy ending! :-)

Anonymous said...

1-11 was the start of your love for dates with numbers that match, like 5-5, 9-9-99 (that was a fun one), 6-21 (oh, never mind, that's my birthday) well, anyway, you get the idea. Maybe you'll get your first baby on 3-3!

Anonymous said...

Dad meant to say.....maybe you will get your baby on 4/5/06 ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I'm shooting for 04-05-06. For any of you planning ahead to 2009 I'm having a 09-09-09 party. We had a 9-9-90 pary and a 9-9-99 party so we have to have a 9-9-09 party! My other target dates for adopting are 9-9-09 and 11-12-13 (my great-grandmother was born on 11-12-13 so wouldn't that be cool if I got a baby that day!) 8-7-06 would work too - for this year! I'm not sure I really want one on 6-6-06 but if it were any other year that would be what I would shoot for 7-7-07 or 8-8-08.