We had Benjamin's baby dedication on Father's Day....it did not go very well....Hannah was with us in the beginning and as you will see from the photo she is not. Also notice that Benjamin is l
eaning forward...he is fussing because he wants to get down to walk. Hannah screamed as soon as we walked down front, she continued to scream, at the top of her lungs, all through the first family's dedication, I looked at the pastor's wife and said "what do I do?", she told me to just leave her (at this point she was on the floor screaming). No one heard what the pastor said, I'm not sure if he was using a mic either...anyway, she screamed and screamed and finally I sent her to my Mom, who took her out of the service. Well, it was our turn and Benjamin fussed and fussed (which is not like him, but he did run fever the next day and he is teething so I guess we can excuse him a little bit), but we have no idea what the pastor said!
For those of you not familiar with Baptist baby dedications they really have nothing to do with the baby at all. The point of a baby dedication is that the parents are dedicating themselves to bring up the child "in the Lord". They make a covenant (at least they should...often it is just a baby parade....but that is a sermon for another time....) with the church that they will raise the child and teach him/her about God and the Bible. So a more fitting term would be Parent Dedication.
No comments:
Post a Comment