Can't believe it but my babies are old enough for school! We registered them tonight for Kindergarten. We are going to start both of them in Kindergarten next year. Benjamin is on the same level (if not a higher level) academically as Hannah. So we decided not to hold him back another year. He is reading; and reading quite well (she can do it but won't). The other day we were in Lifeway and he was reading Daniel book titles. The one I heard him read was "radical" of course he read it with the last "a" being a short vowel sound but hey, he was close. So anyway, we have made the decision to go ahead and start him in school.
We are going to homeschool the kids but they will be attending a tutorial school once a week, that is where we went tonight to register them. I think it will be a great opportunity for them to have interaction with other kids and other teachers! I'm their teacher at home and most of the time at church so it will be good for them.
It will be exciting to send them to school and also teach them at home. I have enjoyed looking through curriculum and making decisions on how I want to teach them and what curriculum I want to use.
1 comment:
How exciting for the kids to be starting school. We are just about to finish our kindergarten year. Next year I will have a kindergartener and a first grade. I have enjoyed the flexibility of homeschool, especially the kindergarten year. It's great to keep up with you all! Blessings, Sarah
Post a Comment