Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time for an update

Hey Guys,

Guess I haven't updated in a few weeks.  I did meet with the birthmother and social worker a couple of weeks ago.  It was a good meeting and I found out a little more information on the birthmother, what she likes, where she is from, just general information like that.  Our social worker gave her some paperwork to fill out and told her that she would need to eventually meet with the birth father in person.  She has now told him about her plan to place the baby for adoption and he seemed to be willing to go along with the plan.  She wanted us to meet him and we tried to work out a meeting last week but that didn't work out.  I am waiting to find out if we can schedule a time to meet with him.  Daniel is excited to be able to meet him.  I'm a little more scared!  She thinks it will be good for him to meet us and see us.  He wants to make sure we aren't crazy!  :)

So anyway, it is good he knows now.  Continue to pray for him and his cooperation in all of this.

I have texted almost daily with the birthmother.  After our meeting she texted me and told me that she wants us to adopt her baby and no one else.  She asked if we were willing to do that.  We obviously said, "yes".  She still seems very set on placing the baby with us.  It is still about 5 months away to the due date, so we will see how things go from here.  Keep praying!

Here are some specifics you can pray for....


  • She is still very sick.  Has been in the hospital once for dehydration.  She will not buy the anti-nausea medicine because one is not covered by the insurance and the other makes her sleepy.  I have tried to encourage her to buy the medicine and let the agency (meaning us) cover the cost of the meds.  She doesn't want us to have to pay for anything (which is nice - but we could help).  So I'm not sure what she will do.  I am worried about her and the baby.  She can't keep anything down and hasn't been able to for weeks.
  • Pray that we will get to meet with the birthfather, that the meeting will go well, and that he will sign all the papers required.
  • She recently lost her job, she has lots of children to provide for and is looking for a job.  She is worried about this, especially being pregnant.  
That is all for now.  We appreciate your prayers and are happy to have you along with us on our journey!

No comments: