Friday, June 22, 2012

And We're Back......

Well, it has been awhile since I have posted and since I added security to the blog people haven't really gotten on here.  So, I have taken the required sign-in off.  I was doing it for the privacy and protection of a birthmom who lived very close to us.  Now that we are no longer working with her and we will most likely get a placement in Florida, I'm not as concerned.

So an update for those who want to know.  We got our homestudy completed and approved for the 3rd time on adoption journey #3.  We have sent it to an agency in Florida that our agency here in Tennessee recommended.  They received the homestudy last Tuesday and from what we know they have already shown our profile at least one time since they received it.  For the most part we will not know if our profile is being shown.  They will only tell us if it is an unusual circumstance (for instance the one last week had a legal risk).  So basically they show our profile to birthmothers that we fit criteria for and then if we are chosen they will call and let us know the details!  Their website boasts that they place 100 babies a year.  So, I'm really hoping we will get a quick match this time around!  I'm praying the match will be with a baby due very soon and not one due several months away.  Our last two matches were a 6 month wait followed by a 4 month wait (1 month overlap actually) and that is very stressful!!!  

I'm going to start trying to get some grants.  We lost some money on the last adoption and the Florida agency is a bit more expensive than our one here in Tennessee.  I remembered that there is a grant for Southern Baptist Ministers and I've started filling out the application for that one.  That would be awesome if we can get that.  The other grants I am looking at are matching grants which Daniel and I both hesitate to do, we hate to ask others for money!!!  But, it may come to that.  I'm also thinking through some fundraising options!  

I'm already networking to try to get free or cheap housing whenever we do travel to Florida.  I am having good success with that so hopefully that will work out well.  

Pray that we will get a quick match!
Pray for all of our hearts as we jump back in after two failed matches!
Pray for the birthmom and baby!
Pray that God will provide all we need financially!

Thanks guys!  I know this has been a long journey but I appreciate your continued prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know it! ;)