My friend Emily posted this quote earlier today "If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you." -Jesus Calling Devotional by Sarah Young
I think most of us want to live a "safe" and "happy" life. We love it when life goes along just as we hope and just as we plan. We started this adoption process 2 1/2 years ago. Back then we reguarly talked about how God was going to bring us a baby soon. Soon to us was a few months. We believed that and believed it was a good plan. We imagined going to the hospital to pick up a healthy baby boy or girl. We invisioned it to be smooth and easy and straight forward. Well, as you know this journey has been anything but smooth, easy, and straight forward!
Along the way God has taught us so many things. One things for sure is that He doesn't always take us down the easiest path. I think that is why God gave me the verses he did (Prov. 3:5-6). God started over a year ago planting that verse in my head so that I could eventually get it into my heart. Trust Him! Don't rely on MY understanding! Acknowledge Him! Let Him direct my paths! My own understanding would question lots of what has happened on this journey. My own understanding would not even consider a heart defect. My own understanding would be scared to death right now. But God clearly led us down this path and how can we ignore it. There was even an "easier" scenario that popped up. Oh how much safer and easier it would have been to have a match with a birthmom that had a healthy baby due. Of course that was a false sense of safety anyway, because as we all know she could still change her mind in the hospital!
So here I am today, never in a million years could I have guessed where God was taking this adoption. I never thought I would be writing as I sit at the back of an ICU room, with a small baby boy needing lots of medical attention. This doesn't seem safe, but it is! I am safe within the will of God and where else would I want to be?!?
We still have some scary days ahead and eventually I'll bring this beautiful baby boy home, it will be scary, but it will be good! God didn't bring us here to abandon us. He is going to see us through this situation on good days and bad days. He has a good plan for us and for Malachi and for Hannah and Benjamin.
So today I'm glad we didn't go the "safe" route. I can't wait to see what God does through our little messenger! What a thrill it will be to see God work through us and our little guy.

No comments:
Post a Comment