Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins

Hannah helped pick out this pumpkin at Wal-mart (I know boring....but we didn't have a chance to go to a pumpkin patch). She is very proud of her pumpkin as you can see) In the picture where Benjamin is crying I'm sure you can imagine what happened....his big sister stole the pumpkin right out of his lap...poor baby!
Don't be fooled, it appears that they are helping me scrape out the guts of this pumpkin but that is not the case! I couldn't get either one of them to do it. They both put their hands in, and I think Hannah might have touched a little bit and she immediately pulled her hands out and said "I can't, you do it"! She then picked up the spoon and I thought she might scrape a little but she just stuck it in and out, which is the same thing Benjamin did with it. They would make their Daddy proud! But poor Mama, once again had to de-gut the pumpkin all by herself and what a mess on her hands, but she loved it! Hannah helped a little with the carving (at least she thinks she did).
Photo shoot on the front porch with the carved jack-o-lantern and the pumpkins they painted with their cousins in OK and the pumpkins they painted at church last night. I couldn't get both of them to look at the camera and both to smile at the same time, but what is new?

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute pictures!! Your kids are growing up so fast. They are too adorable!
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Too funny that they stick you with de-gutting the pumpkin again. :) We just painted ours, and even that was done in Sunday school. Slacker parents....

OKeedokey said...

I love the last collage and the picture in the middle.
Maybe we should try reverse psycology......... "Benjamin, Hannah, DON'T look at the camera."
Ha!
We left our painted pumpking out in the rain and of course the paint washed away!! Ooops.

Nicole said...

Loved the pictures! You are making wonderful memories with the children!