With all of our adoptions we have had a special Bible verse that was meaningful to us at the time of the adoption.
Hannah's verse is:
Ephesians 3:20-12
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."
Those of you who know her story know this is very fitting.
Benjamin's verse is:
1 Samuel 1:27
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."
If you know Benjamin's story this is a very fitting verse!
So I was wondering if there would be a special verse for adoption #3. God gave me the verse this week through conversations that I had with the birthmother. She mentioned the verses that her pastor had told her to read, Prov. 3:5-6. I told her those were good verses and we discussed them for a little while. The next day Daniel answered some questions she had e-mailed him (dealing with discipline, sports, etc.) and he answered her and then we didn't hear back. I got nervous fearing she didn't like his answers about discipline or something else. However, I had a conversation with her later that night and she said she was not bothered by the e-mail at all, in fact it was an answer to her prayers. She has not been able to explain how it answered her prayers but she continued to talk on how she really felt adoption was the best thing for the baby and once again brought up Prov. 3:5-6 and mentioned that God was directing her paths.
I read that chapter of Proverbs that night and was thinking on the verses and on our current situation. I started thinking how this adoption I'm really having to rely on God for EVERYTHING!!! We feel like He led us to where we are and we feel like we are where He wants us to be. However, we don't know the ending yet. We aren't sure why we are here. She needs lots of support and love and we are offering that to her. We hope it ends in a baby but a lot could happen in 6 months. Right now all we know is that God wants us here to minister to her and from there we have to trust Him. It is going to be a long 6 months waiting to see how this all ends! But I was reminded that no matter what happens I need to be reminded to trust God.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3:5-6
No matter if the baby being born in December is ours our not, this is the verse for baby #3 because we have no idea what God has in store. We just have to trust Him with all our hearts, and not lean on our own understandings (and not allow fear and doubts to creep in), and we have to trust that He will direct our paths.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Such a good verse to claim for your 3rd child. May God continue to direct you as you daily place your trust in him!
Post a Comment