Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Adoption update

Here is where we are currently in our adoption.....

We met with a birthmother last Tuesday.  She is about 3 months along and due in December.  She wants to meet with us again and we were supposed to meet with her on Tuesday but the social worker had to cancel.  She seems pretty set on adoption but is really wanting to make sure we are an okay family to place the baby with.  She said she has some more questions for us.  I've actually been e-mailing her back and forth since Tuesday.

We are excited about the possibility.  We know God brought us to her and we know that He wants us to minister to her in any way we can.  We went to the meeting on Tuesday not knowing if any of this would result in us bringing home a baby but we both felt a peace about that.  We really feel like God wants us to care for her and help her in any way we can.  We are not sure if she is a Christian or not but we hope that we can share God's love to her and when opportunity arises to share the Gospel.  She has a lot going on in her life right now and needs lots of support.

So, here is how you can pray:

  • Pray for her and her decision to place the baby for adoption.  Pray that God will give her guidance and wisdom, and comfort as she moves forward with an adoption plan
  • Pray for her as she tells her husband about the pregnancy and the adoption plan.  He does not know at this point.  This makes it a tad bit more scary for us not know whether he will support an adoption plan.  
  • Pray that God will give me peace as I have a long 6 months to wait and see what He will do!  I know He is in control but fears can rise up!  I fear that we can go the whole 6 months and it fall through and then we will have to wait again.  But, if that is the path God wants us to go, we know He will lead us through it!  Hopefully, in Dec. we will be bringing home a baby!
Reason for the confidentiality of the blog now.....

I know it is more of a pain for you to have to sign in to view the blog.  However, for the privacy of the birthmom and us I have set this up.  We found out about her through a minister we know.  She knows that my Dad is a minister and his church.  So, it would be easy for her to find my blog through my Dad's blogs.  If I want to be able to share my thoughts on adoption and be open with you guys I need to be able to know she will not read it.  Not because I will say anything negative about her.  I just don't want her feeling uncomfortable for any reason.  She lives close to us and so you never know who knows her or has seen her or met her.  All of these reasons make me want to make this more confidential than our other two adoptions.

No comments: