Friday, September 22, 2006

Look What Poppy Found!




Look at this cool bug that Daniel's Dad found! Does anyone know what it is (besides a caterpillar)? We were going to keep it and he left it in that dish outside and the next time we looked it was gone. At least I got a picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this on a website:
We have been waiting for the photos of the Hickory Horned Devils, caterpillars of the Royal Walnut Moth, Citheronia regalis, to arrive. This is America's largest caterpillar, and although fierce looking, it is harmless. It feeds on the leaves of trees like Walnut, Hickory and Persimmon. In the fall, the caterpillar leaves the tops of the trees and climbs to the ground where it will dig and pupate, emerging as an adult moth in the spring. We hope you are releasing your captive.

Jay Beerley said...

This is the weirdest looking bug I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That Christy is really smart.

Anonymous said...

I thought of another name for your blog. "Hangin with Hannah".