UPDATE!...The new lotion the doctor gave me to put on her severe dry skin was to blame for this horrible reaction. I had used the lotion before, but just samples and never consistently. I decided to fill the prescription and I was using it 3x a day for almost 2 weeks. After 4 or 5 days her skin started to get really red, she was miserable, scratching non-stop, I thought she ate something at Thanksgiving that made her skin react like that. Then when it didn't go away I was getting suspicious about the lotion. So I tested it in her skin the day I took her to the doctor...well, that day it did something it had never done before (see below). I told all of this to the doctor, she said the lotion wouldn't do that. I was pretty certain it was the lotion since this reaction was immediate upon putting it on her that last day we used it. I'm guessing it was such a severe reaction because it had built up in her system for almost two weeks. So I had a pharmacist look it up for me. There is a note on the prescription (which by the way was not on the prescription info. that came with the medication) "USE CAUTION ON PEOPLE ALLERGIC TO EGGS!" Can you believe it! Poor baby! The doctor will be informed and the pharmacist has been informed to watch for medications that contain eggs. Anyway, we are glad to find an answer but poor thing is still try to get that out of her system!


This is what Hannah looked like 5 days ago, we put her on some strong medication and she is getting much better. However, we still don't know what caused the reaction and she is not completely free of itchy redness...we may have to take a trip to the allergist early (she is scheduled once a year in February).
3 comments:
OH MY!!! I just want to scream!!! Poor girl!!
Oh my goodness!!
Poor Hannah. I hope that leaves her quickly.
Post a Comment