Two years ago today Hannah officially became ours! Each year we will not only celebrate birthdays but we will celebrate adoption days too! On the way to church this morning I told Hannah that today was Adoption Day and this is the day that we celebrate how God was faithful to bring Mama and Daddy a baby and how we praise Him because Hannah is a part of our family. Then we listened to "Hannah's Song" (a.k.a. Great is thy Faithfulness by Sara Groves).
My camera is dead so I don't have any pictures of our day.
The most fun we had today was when Mama and Hannah went outside in the rain and splashed on Grammy and Poppy's deck. Hannah wanted to go outside and I told her it was raining and I realized in her two short years of life we have never played in the rain! I couldn't let her miss out on that, especially on adoption day, so we took our socks off and out we went! She wanted to go out again later but I figured one time was enough for today!
Since we couldn't really bake a cake or anything we just go her a present. We got her a game for her V-Smile Baby Game System. She and Mama played it for awhile before she went to bed. We had fun!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy adoption day! She is a testimony to God's faithfulness.
I met someone recently who has has adopted son. They call their celebration of adoption day his "Gotcha Day." :)
Yeah! Happy Adoption Day, Hannah!!
What a sweet blessing she is to your family!!
Happy Adoption Day! My how time flies. Truly God has blessed your family!
Post a Comment