Monday, January 30, 2006

Homestudy

Our homestudy has been scheduled for this Wednesday morning at 10:00! We didn't think it would be this soon but it is very exciting.

So this weekend we locked up all our alcohol and we unloaded our gun and locked it in a separate room then we locked the ammunition...

Just kidding Mom! (no alcohol or guns around our house!)

We did put up all the safety locks that we had to have and I am in the process of cleaning the house. They will check for smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, all medications locked behind a baby lock, all cleaner locked behind a baby lock, and for our house I think that is about it. If we had other stuff, like the stuff mentioned above, that would be checked too. Oh and they will check for adequate indoor and outdoor play space.

The rest of the homestudy is just an interview with us. Someone told us they may interview us separately, but I'm not sure about that.

The homestudy is approved in 2-4 weeks and then they can start showing our profile to birthmothers.

We got a baby care class scheduled
We are checking into an infant CPR class (hopefully one of the hospitals let us because the Red Cross charges $45 per person - the hospitals charge $10 per person).
We are attending a trans-racial adoption workshop with the Kentucky Baptist Homes for Children
Our support group starts Tuesday Feb. 7
(All these go towards our 24 hours of orientation/training that we have to receive)

So anyway, that is the update for now. More to come soon....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! You are so cute! I'm glad the bad stuff is put away. What about the paintball guns?!?!

Anonymous said...

Our paintball guns are in Mt. Juliet.

OKeedokey said...

That really craked me up! I'm so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

How'd it go?! How nerve wrecking! But who would be better parents than you two?! I'm sure you guys will be perfect!