The homestudy went well today. I was a bit concerned when the phone rang this morning at 9:45. I was afraid they were calling to cancel. But they did not cancel we just met a bit later. Basically the homestudy consisted of us answering questions - the same questions we answered previously as part of our application process. She liked our profile (scrapbook) and she was very happy that we had decided to adopt a baby of any race. Because of that she said we would be matched very quickly. She made sure we were ready financially so that she could go ahead and start matching us.
So for the last 3 hours I have been on-line printing loan and grant applications. Some of them are very detailed! Unfortunately they all have application fees and you don't necessarily get anything when you apply. So if anyone wants to know what I'll be doing this weekend you can pretty much guarantee I will be filling out applications.
But it is very exciting because it is very possible that we will get a baby soon. I told her that my Dad has been telling everyone we are getting a baby by Easter. I don't know if it will be that quickly but it will be quick - we think.
Oh and keep on praying for surprise twins! I meant to ask her how often they get twins but I forgot to ask. She did say they are getting about as many surprises as planned adoptions.
Well, it is very late and it has been a long day. I'll let you know if anything new happens.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
woo hoooo! I'm excited! i think my "before Easter" predictin is correct! Easter is late in April this year.
What names do you have picked out? Holler if you need any suggestions :) I hope you get that baby(s) real soon!
"I'm so excited...I just can't hide it....I know, I know, I know I know....I know I want you (to get a baby)
:)
That is so awesome to hear. Though I'm not surprised, because everyone that meets you guys knows you'll be great parents. I do look forward to eventually seeing you guys again, especially with kids in tow!
Post a Comment