Papa reporting again.
Grani and I had to go shopping today since we aren't allowed to go to the hospital to see the baby. (Those are the adoption rules, not because we are the unruley visitor types.) While we were at Target we saw a light-skinned girl about Christy's age who had a beautiful dark baby with her. The second time we passed her Grani had to talk to her. They had a great conversation about - hair! What an interesting adventure has begun! So we now have to learn some new names: names of hair products, names for skin color...
We also have a full name to share. You'll notice no middle name on earlier blogs. Daniel and Christy had a beautiful idea but had to check with the birth mother. They ended up with a name of love and heritage and a name that will show connections to many. Hannah's first name is a name Christy has always loved. She will share her birth mother's middle name. And of course her last name is from such a wonderful, loving, godly family. You put all of these together and you tell a wonderful story and you get a beautiful name - Hannah Rochelle Davis.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hannah is also spelled the same backwards as forwards. That's great news about the new baby. Can't wait to see her! She'll have to make a trip to J-town soon.
I forgot the part where I was supposed to say that I looked up Hannah and that name means "favour, grace".
I love the name!! yeah! yeah! yeah!
I was so excited about the news that I had to call my friend Bridget, who's brother is adopted. (She and I talked about all the different skin and hair products today too!) His name is Keenan. He lives with thier mom in Ohio. She asked me to guess what his favorite type of music was. I never would have guessed country!! She says she loves to watch her 6 ft 2 black brother sing along with Tobey Keith. I'm glad God makes life interesting. I've been smiling all day today.
I keep invisioning our girls dancing and singing together one day. Who knows what they will be singing. All I know is they will be having so much fun. I can't wait!
woo hoo!
We are absolutely thrilled for y'all! I mean, for you guys! We love y'all and are praying!
Jonathan
Hey, it's Tyler M. Congrats guys on the baby. If Jesse and I were there we'd have plenty of bubblegum cigars for everyone. I was just thinking about the Davii last night, cause I haven't kept up with anybody from high school. I like the name Hannah. Here is my blog: xanga.com/rtmalone
Spread it around to Aaron and Andrew. I'd like to hear from them.
Wow!! Perfect! I love it! Absolutely fabulous idea!
Angie M.
(Ninth and O)
We are so happy that we are sitting here on the couch farting on each other.
I'm so happy for you guys. It is such a blessing to hear such good news. I'm looking forward to hearing more about little Hannah.
Christy and Daniel,
You have a bundle of joy given to you directly from God, via, on the wings of prayer.
Congratulations!
Just remember God tends to bless and bless and bless His children that follow His will. I suggest bunk beds. :-)
We are so happy for you! How blessed Hannah is to have been placed in such a loving and Godly home. Congratulations. Lyndel and Cheryl will be completely useless to us now.
Post a Comment