Well, we haven't heard from the agency today - although my cell phone did ring during chapel - and it was the agency - but all they wanted to know was what college we went to.
We had our support group tonight and I asked how long the birthmother has to choose a profile. They said as long as she wants. So it is possible the mother they gave our profile to today has not made a decision yet. So we still await a phone call.
We had to change our CPR class and we can't get in to another one until the end of March - so I hope that we don't have a baby by then - because we won't have enough hours!
We tried for a loan today and we couldn't get the amount we needed. We don't have much collateral (which my Mom warned me about). But we did get a loan and it will cover about half of what we need. The other half can be covered by the credit cards (but hopefully we can get grants!).
I guess that is all for now. The most stressful thing is this stupid 24 hours we need to fit in before a baby comes home. This is state requirment, not agency. The most stressful thing for Daniel is the money issue - but I keep assuring him it will all work out (I'm mostly convinced of that but he is not).
So if we hear anything tomorrow I will let you know.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Just keep telling Daniel....God has more money than you need for this baby. He will give it to you when you need it. Remember...He gave you the money for the homestudy. It's all his. The little bit you need is just Lagniappe to him. :)
Lagniappe? You from down Louisiana way, girl? Actually, lagniappe is a great tradition handed down from your Grandad Gwartney. He is always the lagniappe king. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. Maybe we should talk to Him about selling one of them to pay adoption fees.
It'll work out. It always works out the way God wants it to and this'll be no different. I'm praying for you guys daily on this (well and everything else too...)
I had no idea how to spell lagniappe.
SYLLABICATION: la·gniappe
NOUN: Chiefly Southern Louisiana & Mississippi 1. A small gift presented by a storeowner to a customer with the customer's purchase. 2. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
ETYMOLOGY: Louisiana French, from American Spanish la ñapa, the gift : la, the (from Latin illa, feminine of ille, that, the; see al-1 in Appendix I) + ñapa (variant of yapa, gift, from Quechua, from yapay, to give more).
REGIONAL NOTE: Lagniappe derives from New World Spanish la ñapa, “the gift,” and ultimately from Quechua yapay, “to give more.” The word came into the rich Creole dialect mixture of New Orleans and there acquired a French spelling. It is still used in the Gulf states, especially southern Louisiana, to denote a little bonus that a friendly shopkeeper might add to a purchase. By extension, it may mean “an extra or unexpected gift or benefit.”
The more you know...
God DOES provide. I have no worries about you and Daniel and your SURPRISE TWINS!!! But I will keep you all in our prayers!
Thanks for the definition of Lagniappe - Emily. I have had others ask me about that. Maybe they can just read your post!
Post a Comment