Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Things are going well still...

Well, we had a meeting with the agency today. We signed a bunch of paperwork and stuff like that. She said she did talk to the birth father today and he agreed to sign - he hasn't signed yet and he is still denying paternity but he said he would sign. So the attorney has to go to him and he will sign it in person. She said we still need to pray that he will sign because it is still not definate.

She also said the birth mother was very happy that a family had been chosen so quickly. So that makes me feel good - it sounds like she is still on track to place the baby.

Many of you want to be called when the baby is born - I can't guarantee when I will call but I will call my Mom and she will e-mail those on my "adoption updates" list. I will call people as I get a chance.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't expect a phone call when the baby is born. All I expect is an eventual picture. I don't think that's too much to ask :)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I didn't know we had an "adoption updates" list. I'm looking forward to Job spending a few days with Grani and Papa while his big sister is picked up. (Job is the dog - for those of you who have just started following along.)

Anonymous said...

Papa doesn't have to know about the list. Christy and I have it under control. This is such a fun adventure. I love watching God work everything out!!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

God is GOOD!! Can't wait to get an e-mail that you are parents!
Mommy Christy and Daddy Daniel. How exciting. I am looking forward to the shower that our SS class is throwing you this Sunday. Can't wait to see all the goodies for your little girl. I need to go to Babies R Us and have fun looking around. I am always glad for a "good" excuse to shop! ;) Angie McD.

Anonymous said...

So the baby is supposed to be born when? I'm sure you've already mentioned that but my memory is not good. Where the different places that you are registered? By the way...It feels good being on "the List".

Anonymous said...

The due date is February 25 and we want her to be born on that day or after so that we can get all of our required hours of "training" in.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry U. Richard. You made the list too! Now i'm getting worried I left someone off since people keep asking if they are on the list! If you are an Uncle on my side of the family you are on it - you might even get a phone call from my Mom or Dad.

Oh and Michael is our friend in Seattle so he wants a picture since he can't come see her in person. Don't worry I will e-mail pictures (maybe post pictures).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

yes...if you are a Littleton, Gwartney or Stirling, you are definitely on my calling list. My guess is...if you are a Davis you will also be getting a call.