Since Hannah seems to be bored out of her mind at home, and because of this fact drives her Mama insane, we have started Mother's Day In Homeschool Preschool. Each day we will have a different theme and we will do activities based on this theme. This will just be a small portion of our day since her attention span is that of a two year old, but it will at least give her a few things to do. She is so smart and can do lots of different activities so we thought we would build on that. Some may ask, "why not just send her to mother's day out?" Well, that is complicated for more reasons than one....1. we only have one car. 2. she has such bad food allergies and she still doesn't know not to eat the food that the other children have (she ends up finding food on the floor/table at church and breaking out). Until she can learn to not eat things without asking it is scary to send her off where I can't watch her.Playing with some puzzles while Mommy gets an activity ready.
Today's theme was the #1 so we studied the 1st day of creation. We started working on our creation notebook. We read the creation story this morning. While outside we wrote the # 1 with our sidewalk chalk. This afternoon we talked about light and dark. We made a picture with black and yellow paper. We also made the cover sheet for the book (that is what Hannah is working on in the above picture).
Benjamin did not last long. He colored a little but most of the time he was throwing puzzle pieces and crayons off the table. He did not stay with us much after that.


After we made our Day 1 picture we got under the table, draped with blankets so it was nice and dark, then the babies played with the flashlight and I reminded them that God said "Let there be light" and there was light!
5 comments:
That is awesome! I hope I can be that creative and patient when Charlie starts doing "activities"!! Keep it up!
~Christi Cavness
That is a cute idea! Your children are so beautiful. I love the 2 year old stage, they learn new things everyday. We are in our last days of that stage - Harrison turns 3 yrs on Monday, and Mary Elizabeth turns 3 yrs next month. I am kind of sad that they are growning up so fast! You seem to be doing a great job!!
Marsha
You are such a good mom!
Keep letting us know what you're doing because I'm totally going to use your same ideas! Thanks!
Great job!! I have some preschool materials I don't need anymore. If you send me your address I'll mail them to you :) And I just realized I totally forgot about those recipes I was supposed to send you...
Melanie
So, if I lived there, could I bring my kids over to this Mother's Day In?
Hmmmmmmm????
Post a Comment