Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ok - so it won't let me give this a title. Hmmm....Well, the title would have been Zoo - nothing fancy or anything.

Good News - we had our camera in the bag with a bottle and the bottle leaked and the camera wasn't working. We tried even after letting it dry. So I thought I would at least try to get my pictures off and I got them easily. We thought the camera had met its demise and that this would be our last blog post for a LONG time (since we are poor and would not be able to purchase another camera). BUT...I tried one more time and IT WORKED! HOORAY! Now we can continue to keep a photographic record of Hannah and Benjamin without a few missed months!

We went to the zoo after church today. Last time we went with Joy and Aunt Mel we didn't get to see a lot of animals. It was lunch time and by the time we ate and let the kids play it was nap time for all. So I suggest to Joy and Mel to go back! They actually do have animals to look at!



Mama and Hannah looking at the Elephants
Daddy (kids below) looking at the Giraffes
Benjamin sleeping soundly
Petting the Goats
Staring at a camel.

Benjamin woke up - and as always is happy!

Daddy would say an animal such as "zebra" or "ostrich" and Hannah would point to it. When we got home I thought I would test her skills. I said "Hannah, where is the zebra" She went to her animal train and picked up the zebra and brought it to me. I kind of figured she knew the zebra, we worked on it at the zoo today and the other day she brought the zebra to Grammy when she asked for it. So I thought I would try another animal. I said "Hannah, where is the Giraffe?" She brought it to me! And so it continued with the elephant, tiger, monkey, and lion. I couldn't believe it! She has been watching baby Noah a lot and sometimes I hear her repeating the names of the animals with the video. They repeat the names and show a picture several times.

A picture for Grani

We were walking by and saw people with this zoo worker petting a snake. So we let Hannah pet it. After standing there for a minute and listening to her talk, this was not a zoo exhibit. One of the guests saw it in a tree and this girl (who works at the zoo) took it out and was letting everyone pet it. She said it was a rat snake. Hannah didn't seem scared at all, I freaked out a little when his head got near her hand because the girl was not holding the head at all where it wouldn't bite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! YOU LET MY BABY TOUCH A SNAKE!!!!!!

Living to Love said...

yeah...no snakes...how scary!! She looks brave though!! I can not believe that the lady just grabbed it out of a tree randomly...pretty brave if you ask me!! I guess that is why she works at the zoo and I do not :o)

Melanie Davis said...

I would love to go back with you again some time. Just let me know and we can get together!

Mel

OKeedokey said...

I'm glad Hannah knows her animals. I can't wait to hear her growl like a tiger or trumpet like an elephant.