Okay - I'm itching like crazy now! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It didn't phase me at all until tonight - almost 48 hours later! Yikes!
Well, my Mom and Dad thought it best if I went to the hospital today to get my bite checked out. I told Daniel we might as well go now because we were going to see his parents tonight and it was best to try to go to an urgent care place during the day rather than summit hospital during fireworks! Plus I didn't want to be in the ER with all the stupid people that were messing around with fireworks and hurt themselves!
So - we went to urgent care, waited about an hour and a half and the doctor came in and said I should have a tetnis shot, steriod shot, steriod cream to rub on it and an oral antihistimine. So I thought that is crazy to give me the cream and the antihistimine - I'm not even itching! Well, boy was I wrong. I'm itching so badly right now! I have put on the cream and taken the medication - at the risk of being too sleepy to get up with Benjamin when he needs a bottle!
Oh and my shots hurt worse than the bite - at least up until it started itching like crazy.
Despite all this we had a good 4th and got to see fireworks. Hannah had an unsure laugh when they first started and a few whines but then she sat and watched. Benjamin wasn't phased a bit! He didn't seem to notice the loud banging!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ohhh no, a spider bite. That can not be good :o( We got both of your messages and are so glad that you found us. We are big blog fans so we are glad to know that you two have one. Your kiddos are so beautiful.
Hey Christy -- I am glad you had the bite checked out. My Uncle Tom just recently got bit and he had a bad reaction. I think his got worse b/c he didn't take care of it immediately. So, I am glad you went to a doctor! Keep your eye on it --as I'm sure you are--if it gets any worse, go to another doctor (or at least the same one again!).
Hannah and Benjamin look so cute! Catherine didn't like the fireworks last night in our neighborhood. But she did like them better than she liked our neighbors dog -- a big dalmation. She screamed and was terrified of him. It was so sad!
Love you all!
Johnna
I hope your feeling better!
~Crystal~
I was looking at your blog and said out loud, "Oh my, Aunt Christy has a spider bite." both big kids ran up to the computer to see. We are glad you are all right. Sorry you are itching!
Post a Comment