Monday, October 24, 2005

Dear Birthmother

Well, we (I) have finished our scrapbook. I think it is good - but some of the pages probably have too many pictures. I tried to fit in a bunch of stuff - hopefully not too much. It consists of:
1. Cover - picture of me and Daniel (the one on this blog)
2. Inside - Bible verse - I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him - 1 Samuel 1:27
3. Dear Birthmother Letter (see below)
4. All about Daniel/All about Christy
5. All about us/Church/Most important things to us
6. Our Home
7. Job (the dog, not the book, and not our jobs)
8. Davis Family
9. Littleton Family
10. Nieces and Nephews
11. Other children - Joshua and Lucas, Maddie, Lauren, and Isaac
12. The end - With anxious hearts and open arms, we await our child, our gift from God, the answer to our prayers. And a picture of the picture I recently bought for the baby room. It is Noah's Ark made out of Hebrew Letters. It is really cool.

So now I just have to write the Dear Birthmother Letter. I just got a book in today called: Reaching Out: the guide to writing a terrific birthmother letter. By Nelson Handle. So hopefully this will give me some great ideas for writing.

After that I will take it to Staples - because they are still having their sale on color copies and make the 5 copies of it that I have to make. I will probably let them bind it too.

Many have asked where we are right now - well, we are still waiting to get our background checks back from KY - I mailed them Sept. 20 so they should come back soon! And then we are just waiting on a call from the agency to tell us when the next orientation will be. There has to be a few couples that have completed all of their paperwork before they will set up an orientation. She thought there would be one at the end of October or the first of November but we haven't heard anything so it might be later.

Well, that is it for now. I just wanted to update you. By the way the candle sales are going great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the book!