Well, you should be happy to know that we do not have TB. I know you were VERY concerned!
Some rescent things I have been doing are:
1. Trying to get SOMEONE, ANYONE, in Tennessee to send us a letter stating that we are not on the child abuse registry. But apparently that information is confidential and they can't even give me the information. I wrote the lady and told her that I know I'm not on the list but could you please just look and then write a letter stating I'm not on it. But, that would be too simple.
So if you are a child abuser and you want to adopt in Tennessee you probably could because they won't let anyone look to see if you are on the list! The only people who can get access to this information is Child Protective Services. So if you use an agency other than them to adopt then no one will be able to find out if you are on the list.
If anyone reading this works for CPS in Nashville it would be great if you could get a letter for me!
I hate it that you can't read tone in blogs - the tone of the above is more of a sarcastic, mocking tone than an angry tone.
2. I have called a couple of attorneys to see what they charge. I really liked one of them, Susan Crull. She was very nice and she knew what she was talking about. She knew all about what our agency required and everything. She went into detail about each cost and why it was that way. She is probably the one we will use. She will have to sign a risk letter for us at the end of October and she said we can just fax that to her. The first to get that signed and faxed to the agency is the first to be able to schedule their homestudy. She said we would not contact her again until we have a match with a birthmother. Some of the fees include - her flat fee, filing fees, registered mail fees, guardian ad lidum fee (I'll get back to you on this), and if we need to go to probate court to get guardianship of the baby for insurance purposes we will pay the court costs but she said she would not charge us additional fees.
3. I think I have gathered all the pictures I can or that I'm going to. So tonight I will start my scrapbook (actually I started it last week but got stuck because I didn't know which pictures I would be using. ) I will definately finish it by Nov. 12 so that I can get the $0.36 copies!
Well, that is all for now - have a GREAT weekend!
Christy
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment