Well, it is mid-October and it looks like we will meet our goal for getting our paperwork in by the end of the month. Daniel finished his survey today - it had a bunch of questions such as - describe your personality, describe your spouses personality, what do you like about yourself, what do you dislike about yourself, what surprised you about your spouse, what do you like about your spouse, what do you dislike about your spouse, describe your childhood, describe your high school years, how were you disciplined as a child and teenager, how will that affect the way you discipline your children, etc., ect., ect.
Most of those questions were just pretty annoying - what surprised you about your spouse? What is that suppossed to mean? And both of us absolutely hate questions that say list your strengths and weaknesses! But anyway it is done and they will be in the mail tomorrow along with background checks from TN, Daniel's birth certificate, tax returns, and I think that is about all in the package I will send tomorrow.
Basically everything is in that we have control over. We are still waiting for Kentucky Background checks, a letter from Tennessee, letters from financial institutions stating that our accounts are in good standing (we have one we are waiting on two more), and our personal reference letters (I gave them envelopes addressed to adoptions of kentucky so they won't come to us - I'm hoping most of them are turned in but I only know of one for sure).
But all of this to say I think we will get everything in by the end of October and hopefully they will be able to have an orientation by the first of November.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go girl. At lest we can check that off. Soon we will be waiting for the last think to check off!!!
Woo hoo!!
I hate questions like that...especially the "what do you dislike about your spouse?" Talk about a match waiting to light a fire....
It's getting close to be all ready to go!! How exciting!!!!
Weaknesses:
This is where you mention something you aren't particularly good at. High level calculus, overhauling a long block engine, understanding Chinese....
Never try to answer what you think they want you to say.
Post a Comment