Monday, September 26, 2005

Gathering Information

Well, I have spent the last couple of days gathering information, calling people to send references, credit references, and making sure we are not registered on any child abuse registries!

Next week we will go to the seminary clinic to have a tine test (for TB) and have the doctor fill out a form for us! Thank goodness the clinic will do this for us - we will save so much money going to the clinic - we will spend a total of $16 dollars there - that is less than my co-pay alone! It turns out we will not have to get a chest x-ray we can just do the TB test!

Tonight I have been gathering pictures! I am looking for pictures of us at home, work, school, with our families, scrapbooking, playing football, our puppy, and our nieces and nephews. The problem is all of my best pictures are already in scrapbooks so I have to dig out my negatives - the problem with that is I had this crazy idea to put all of my negatives at my parents' house in case my scrapbooks were to ever get damaged here - like if we had a fire or something. But I will get those negatives hopefully this weekend. I plan to work on the scrapbook this weekend while I am with Melanie and Johnna (my sisters-in-law) we all like to scrapbook.

The advice we were given was to play on our strengths in the scrapbook. I guess our biggest strength is we love kids so much and we have a plethora of pictures of us with kids. I think we are going to have a nieces and nephews page and then a page with the other kids in our lives - (Maddie, Joshua and Lucas,Isaac, Hannah, etc.). Our other big strength is our family because of the size and the amount of time we spend with our families. I have some great family shots from Grandma and Grandpa Littleton's annivesary and a good shot of the Littleton's playing RISK at Thanksgiving. I am currently looking for the perfect picture of the Davis brothers - if any of you sisters-in-law have the perfect picture let me know.


HAHAHAHA - I found a way to use plethora in my blog! That is my favorite word! Just in case you ever wondered what my favorite word is.


A note to our brothers - after tomorrow the adoption agency knows all about you - how old you are, your education, your occupation, and whether or not you have children. They leave no stone unturned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you mentioned your use of the word plethora. I was rather impressed but couldn't figure out how to mentionit without sounding like I was surprised to see such a fancy word. Don't brag too much about your dad in your scrap book. We don't want them to think we're all way too smart and talented for someone to join our family. HA!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! You and your daddy are SO funny!

OKeedokey said...

Christy,
I'm so far behind in my scrapbooking that I should just send you all my pictures just sitting there waiting to be put into a scrapbook!!