Monday, September 05, 2005

The Truth About Domestic Adoption

Well, I have already heard comments such as - why domestic, won't it take forever?! I read a great article not to long ago about Domestic Adoption Myths. Here is the link to the article: http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=522 (if you can't click on it just copy and paste the link).

Here is a preview to the article:
The Truth About Domestic Adoption
I keep hearing that adopting in the U.S. is rare, expensive, and risky. The statistics—and my own experience—argue otherwise. by Eliza Newlin Carney

Myth #1: There are no infants available for adoption in the U.S.

Myth #2: endless wait and prohibitive cost

I think this article will answer many questions for those of you who are curious. If you would like to read more articles on adoption go to www.adoptivefamilies.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a nice article. Some people say "ignorance is bliss", but in reality, ignorance is annoying. Thanks for helping get rid of some ignorance.

OKeedokey said...

I loved the article. What helpful info for those who aren't familiar with adoption.

I doubt my mom even remembers how much my sisters "cost." :)
I'm sure Annaliese would say it was in the millions. (although when she was little she thought she came from Toy's R Us)

Anonymous said...

Excellent article!! I'm always so thankful about articles that shine the light on truth when it comes to things like this, because the comments we hear can be so hard and you just get tired of responding to them. Thanks for posting this!