Thursday, September 01, 2005

Job's Name and Many E-mails

Hello again!

We are so appreciative of all of the e-mails we have gotten today! So many have e-mailed to congratulate us and tell us that they are praying for us. It is so nice to hear from everyone.

Also, I have been meaning to explain why we named our puppy Job. Lots of people look at us funny when we say our puppy's name is Job. They say things like "oh, I hope he is not afflicted like Job" or "are you expecting him to have a lot of trials" but actually the name was for us. Not to remind us of affliction at all (although we have had rough times) but to remind us that Job was faithful to God despite all of the things that went wrong in his life. And God was faithful to Job! And to remind us that "Then Job replied to the Lord: I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be twarted." (Job 42:1) God is in control of all things and we can rejoice in that!

So anyway just in case you were wondering why Job. And his middle name is Obadiah becaues that just flows! I call him Jobadiah. My Mom said she is glad we're not naming kids right now!

3 comments:

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Hey Erin,

Thanks for the note. I hope that all goes well with your adoption from Russia. Keep me up to date on how things are going! It is very exciting!

OKeedokey said...

Hello my favorite Sister-in-law. Thanks for helping me with my blog. There is so much to figure out just like you said. I was able to change it so anyone can leave a message.

Anonymous said...

Dear Christy and Daniel:

Your Dad forwarded your e-mail about your plans to adopt a baby. How exciting! I just wanted you to know that you will be in my prayers as you work through this process.

(Great) Aunt Gay